Friday, July 18, 2008

AMARETTO BLONDE BROWNIES

These are super easy and surprisingly delicious despite their simplicity. They were originally called "Almond Bars" which I thought was kind of a drab name. I have rechristened them "Amaretto Blonde Brownies." A bit snazzier, don't you think?

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp. almond extract
confectioners' sugar

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until lemon-colored. Add the butter, flour and extract; mix well. spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.

2 comments:

T Fowler said...

Marie, is that you?? I'm assuming it is, although I don't remembering you cooking so much in college! Let me know how you and your family are doing. Your recipes look great, I'll have to try some.

Marie Brian said...

TRESA!!!

Hey girl! It is me. And yeah, I love to cook now. Go figure. Your blog is super cute. Your baby is adorable. Congrats. Hey email me and we can further this correspondence. ubermarie@gmail.com